The end seems slightly closer now (Which means Christmas is closer too! haha ;-)). August can be a good month for photography, you just need to make sure that you make the most of it when and where you can.
Positives of August
- Holidays. A lot of you will be jetting off on your travels so it makes for a great opportunity to snap different things. A holiday is also good for resting and recharging your batteries so make the most of it!
- Sunset. It’s at a much more reasonable time (Thanks nature) so you should be able to make it out to shoot a few of these.
- Good weather. Normally August sees some nice weather too, so when you’re out shooting those sunsets it should be warm still, and hopefully a lot of “red sky at night” 😉
- Home town events. The kids are off school in August so normally there are a lot of events on in bigger cities.
- Flowers. Still. Hurray!
Negatives of August
- Busy! With holiday comes holiday preparation!
- Sunrise. Still at an ungodly hour 😛
- Street Photography (1) – go out and document all those events going off; just make sure you know the rules around what and where you can photograph
- Landscapes and sunset – those acceptable hour sunsets make it ideal to photograph landscapes. Make sure you have a point of interest in the shot
- Flowers – try to visit places like Botanical Gardens to shoot more exotic types
- Street Photography (2) – whilst on holiday try to capture the candid feel of the place you are visiting